Thursday, February 25, 2010

This Project Wil Have to Wait.

The 1st floor bathroom is turning into an awesome project, the best part being I get to rip out this nasty and out-of-place shower (the big white thing in the middle of the picture with the copper plumbing is the shower head). But there is no water cut-off for the shower itself - it is tied into the main water line. I would have to turn off the water to the whole house to cap the shower plumbing without flooding the first floor.

Not such a big deal?

The plumber suggested I not touch the cut-off valve. It is "as old as the house itself" and it would probably crumble in my hand like a cookie. And so we'll wait.

When this bathroom is finally ripped out I will be able to reveal to all the new design. The interior decorating firm I hired, Carrie and Corey Gray and Associates has something stunning planned.

You will drool.

2 comments:

  1. Don't touch the main water cut off unless you have to. I had to do it my house. It too is as old as my house. And lead. It was slow, careful turning.

    ReplyDelete