Saturday, February 6, 2010

Treasure!

The fireplace repairman was here today to sweep the chimney and tell me that it would never again be operable. Then he got my attention:

"You need to remove that incinerator in the basement," he said.

"But I don't have an incinerator in the basement," I replied.

"It's in the middle of your basement," he shot back.

"I haven't seen the middle of my basement," I told him, receiving a stunned look.

It appears that after the movers cleared out one basement room completely (not even trash was left for some reason), remaining in the middle of the room was an incinerator for burning refuse. It is still connected to the chimney with what appears to be new aluminum piping (did Cat Lady actually use this?!).
Suggestions on what to use it for are gladly accepted. Carrie says pizza oven.
I am thinking barbque smoker.

2 comments:

  1. I think the sweepers advice of removal is your best bet on this one

    Too bad you can't use the fireplace

    Or do you want to also take up masonry?

    Now THAT would be home improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live next door to a cat lady... we often wonder what happens to the old, sick and dead cats, and now that I think of it there is an extra aluminum chimney to the back of her house that none of the other houses on our row has!?!

    ReplyDelete